Hartford Select Baseball Club is a fully insured non-profit organization formed to provide Hartford area boys an opportunity to play baseball at an advanced level. We support teams from second through eighth grade along with 3 teams through the Legion until age 19.
Our Mission Statement is to develop our student-athletes by building a passion for the game of baseball, teamwork, sportsmanship, and character. The program emphasis is on player development, baseball fundamentals and developing the skills to help our players become competitive baseball players leading up to their high school years. While wins are important in sports, player development is our emphasis.
Our seasons run roughly April through July with approximately 15-20 League games and 2-4 Tournaments throughout the season. Off-season practices will also take place during the fall/winter.
2020 Player Fees are $400 ($350 per player for a family with more than one player) with a separate fundraising and volunteer expectation to be communicated. All player fees include uniforms consisting of jerseys, hats, socks, pants, and belt. Players are responsible for cleats, gloves, bats and any other individual equipment necessary.
❏ REGISTRATION FEE
Full payment is due by October 29, 2019, at the Club meeting, unless a signed/approved Payment Plan is given to the Club Treasurer and President by such date.
FAILURE TO PAY WILL RESULT IN PLAYER NOT BEING PLACED ON THE LEAGUE ROSTER and uniforms will not be distributed without payment or payment arrangements stated above.
❏ FUNDRAISING OBLIGATION
Each player is obligated to fundraise money through various club fundraisers before and during the season. Potential buyouts specific to them will be communicated at that time.
The HSBC current player cost exceeds registration fees. Fundraising is required to assist in covering club expenses and allow us the opportunity to grow our club and provide additional amenities and resources to assist in developing our players.
❏ VOLUNTEER HOURS
Each player’s family is expected to provide 8 (eight) hours of volunteering to help the HSBC, which may include administrative roles, preparing fields for home games/tournaments, club events or other activities to fulfill tasks needed to help operate the club. A post-dated (8/15/20) check for $150 will be collected at registration and will be cashed at the end of the season if you do not fulfill these requirements. Coaches and team parents automatically fulfill this requirement. The board reserves the right to review this and determine if adjustments are warranted.
❏ PARENT(S) CODE OF CONDUCT
I have read the Parent Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. Any violation of the code of conduct with result in the removal from the current game, possible suspension from the next game or meeting with the Club Board of Directors.
❏ PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
I have read the Player Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. Any violation of the code of conduct with result in the removal from the current game, possible suspension from the next game or meeting with the Club Board of Directors.
Player Registration Checklist
Player Name: _____________________________
Team/Grade: U8 U9 U10A-Orange U10B-Black U11 U12 U14A-Orange U14B-Black
Required Registration Documents:
❏ 2020 HSBC Player Registration Form
❏ Read and Agree to: HSBC Player & Parent Code of Conduct _______ (Parent Initials)
❏ Read and Agree to: Registration, Fundraising Fees and Volunteer Obligations
❏ WI State Concussion Acknowledgement with Questionnaire Form
❏ Release of Liability Form
❏ Consent to Photograph and Media Release
Registration Fee ($400 indiv/$350 indiv if multiple athletes)
**Fee for credit payments is 2.75% per transaction ($11 for $400 registration pmt) if paid on site. Online fees will be applied to payments if made online.
**$25 fee will be collected for returned checks
Code of Ethics and Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Code of Ethics and Conduct I will…
- remember that the game is for children, not adults.
- encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice and other youth sports events.
- place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- insist that my child plays in a safe and healthy environment.
- provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone.
- do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- strive to have fun learning and playing the game of baseball.
- work hard to improve my skills and learn from the coaches.
- play by the rules. I will put forth my best effort at all practices and games.
- treat my teammates the way I want to be treated, be a team player and get along with my teammates, and will not criticize my teammates on or off the field.
- cooperate with and respect my teammates, coaches, managers, opponents, and umpires.
- be a good sport by applauding all good plays, whether they are my team or my opponent’s, and will display good sportsmanship and discipline during practices and games with teammates, coaches, managers, opponents, and umpires.
- control my temper and not attempt to retaliate when I feel I’ve been wronged.
- not throw my helmet, bat or any other equipment.
- never argue with a coach or an umpire.
- not taunt or use foul language or gestures against teammates, coaches, managers, opponents, and umpires.
- be responsible for my own equipment and take good care of the team’s equipment as well.
- be on time for practices and games. I will notify the coach if I cannot make a practice or game.
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in the sport of baseball, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Hartford Select Baseball Club and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, also agree as follows
- I acknowledge that the sport of baseball involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, broken bones, torn ligaments, bruises, and other bodily injuries as serious as death, disability or blindness, caused by contact with baseballs, bats, other participants, or structures like walls or fences, or caused by uneven ground,; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
- I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.